Friday, September 22, 2006

I was a little too tall,
Coulda used a few pounds.
Tight pants, points, hardly renowned.
She was a black haired beauty with big dark eyes,
And points all her own sitting way up high.
Way up firm and high.

Out past the cornfields where the woods got heavy
Out in the backseat of my 60 Chevy
Working on mysteries without any clues.
Workin on our night moves.
Trying to make some front page drive in news.
Working on our night moves.
In the summertime...
In the sweet summertime...

We weren't in love, oh no, far from it.
We weren't searching for some pie in the sky summit.
We were just young and restless and bored,
Living by the sword.
And we'd steal away every chance we could,
To the back room, the alley, or the trusty woods.
I used her, she used me, but neither one cared.
We were getting our share.

Working on our night moves.
Trying to lose those awkward teenage blues.
Working on our night moves.
And it was summertime.
Sweet summertime, summertime.

(Felt the lightning, waited on the thunder)

Woke last night to the sound of thunder.
How far off, I sat and wondered.
Started humming a song from 1962.
Ain't it funny how the night moves,
Just don't seem to have as much to lose,
Strange how the night moves,
With Autumn closing in.

Bog Seger ~ Night Moves

Not the most appropriate song for the things I'm thinking, but it'll do.

I believe...if there's an elephant in the room, you should paint it brown, put a cloth on a back, a lampshade on it's snout..and call it a new table. You should not discuss the elephant, unless you are ready to clean up it's shit. And once the elephant has been mentioned, and the table idea is scrapped, you should deal with the elephant being an elephant - it is not a hippo, dammit.

I believe..the last song I used definitely reflected my state of mind much better than this. And it doesn't matter. None of it matters.

On the plus side, got up way early yesterday, went out, and find a semi-decent not-so-sucky pair of steel-toe sneakers (The pair I was origionally going to buy, cept they didn't have em in my size at that time)...and now my feet don't hurt. it's improved my mood VASTLY.

and now someone's made a dumb comment and i'm angry, so enough blogging til later. hasta la byebye.


1 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger Resurrected Chemist said...

cool lyrics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home