Sunday, September 17, 2006

And now I'm all alone again,
No where to turn, no one to go to.
Without a home, without a friend,
without a face to say hello to.
But now the night is near,
And I can make believe he's here.

Sometimes I walk alone at night
When everybody else is sleeping.
I think of him and then I'm happy
with the company I'm keeping.
The city goes to bed,
And I can live inside my head.

On my own, pretending he's beside me.
All alone, I walk with him til morning.
Without him, I feel his arms around me.
And when I lose my way I close my eyes and he has found me.
In the rain, the pavement shines like silver,
Autumn lights are misty in the river.
In the darkness the trees are full of starlight
And all I see is him and me forever and forever.

And I know, it's only in my mind,
That I'm talking to myself and not to him.
And although I now that he is blind,
Still I say, 'there's a way for us'.
I love him, but when the night is over,
He is gone, the river's just a river.
Without him the world around me changes,
The trees are bare and everywhere the streets are full of strangers.
I love him, but everyday I'm learning
All my life I've only been pretending.
Without me, his world would go on turning.
A world that's full of happiness that
I have never known.

I love him, I love him, I love him,
But only on my own.

On My Own (Eponine's Solo) ~ Les Miserables

I believe that everyone should have an active imagination. I believe that far to often in life, the only good part is the fantasy, and when the dream is allowed to fade to reality, all the good is gone. I believe that you should always see the ideal of any situation, but the reality of the people. I believe it's unfair to hope that people will be the way you imagined they would be - although there's nothing wrong with imagining people differently than they are. I believe that, every now and then, the coyote should win, instead of the road runner. I believe that even if it means a lot of work, there should always be a coyote - otherwise, the road runners would get bored and lazy - and that if you are the coyote, be proud of yourself. Being tenacious is one of the best ways to be.


And, as an aside...god i just love this song. I love her voice (this is the New York edition, by the way...)...I love how she has the slightest lisp. That always seems to catch my ear, even if this is just on in the background. On a night like tonight, where the music IS the night...

Have gone through phantom, am up to here on les mis..and think i'll have to hit up phantom again. go figure.

2 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Eponine's solo is my absolute favorite song in Les Mis. I've seen it live twice and every time, this song, gives me the shivers and makes me cry. Screw Cosette...I'm an Eponine fan.

Thanks for posting that today, Ange. It made me smile.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Oh, this is Taryn, btw...created another account to post on all the non-beta blogs :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home