Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday Five

1. What are your favorite outdoor activities?
I love going to parks...not the town park...real parks. We have 2 state parks real close to us that blend together, with all kinds of trails through them. I love wandering out into the middle of the park, where it's just trees, streams, and animals. There's something very pure about it - it's real easy to lose yourself and find yourself in a simplier world. Camping too. I like outdoor activities that aren't actually "active"...i like being able to savor the quiet and serenity that comes from being outside.

2. Have you ever played on a sports team, been in a club, or done any other outdoor activities with a structured group?
Ummm...girl scouts. Lotsa girl scouts.

3. What's your favorite summer past time?
Umm. I don't know.

4. Is there any special event you like to attend during the summer, like the local fair, concerts, camping trips, etc?
There's musik fest - lots of really good (and some very "big") bands play there every year, its local, and it's relatively cheap. nickleback played last year. the amusement park - we try to hit that every year. Used to go camping up at our property every year (never built on it because it can't get zoned for water) but ever since i stopped drinking, it's kind of awkward to spend a week or two out in the middle of nowhere with my dad and his group of drun..err..friends.

5. What is the best way to eat ice cream, with who and when? What is your favorite flavor?
I just taught Kass how to bite the bottom off of the ice cream cone and suck the ice cream out through the hole. It'd been YEARS since I did that.
When not indulging in making a mess...I really am digging moose tracks these days. would probably call that my "favorite" right at this moment.

1 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Biomouse said...

I love that you taught mini mushroom the biting the bottom of the cone trick-it's so much fun and incredibly messy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home